Part of the Vital series, this blue and white contrasting bowl is designed to stimulate the appetite and help people with cognitive limitations to more easily see their food or drink, due to colour contrasting rims.
The unique design of the plate is ideal for people living with a diagnosis of dementia or other cognitive impairment, or anyone eating with only the use of one hand.
The sloping inner edge helps food to be scooped more easily. The extra wide overhang offers improved grip and stability. The bowl includes an anti-slip ring on the base to stop unwanted movement.
Measuring 15 centimetres in diameter, and with a capacity of 185ml, this bowl is best suited to entrees, desserts or smaller portion sizes. The Vital Plate is also available, ideal for main meals or soups.
We chose blue, as recent studies have shown blue and red has increased eating by 25 percent and drinking by up to 84 percent. Not only does blue stimulate appetite, it also invoke feelings of calm.
- Blue and white contrasting bowl designed to stimulate the appetite
- Sloping inner edge helps food be easily scooped
- Inconspicuous overhang for added grip and stability
- Anti-slip ring on base
- Ideal for single handed use
- Suited to entrees, desserts or smaller portions
- Dishwasher safe
- Not suitable for microwave use