COMMUNITY CAFE HEALTH AND WELLNESS – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This website (Site) is operated by Community Cafe Health and Wellness Pty Ltd (ACN 631 662 158) (we, our or us). It is available at: www.communitycafe.com.au and may be available through other addresses or channels.
- By accessing and/or using the Site you:
- warrant to us that you have the legal capacity to enter into a legally binding agreement with us or (if you are under 18 years old) you have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to access and use the Site and they have agreed to the Terms on your behalf; and
- agree to use the Site in accordance with the Terms.
- You must not use the Site and/or place an order for products through the Site unless you are at least 16 years old.
- Any order placed through the Site is an offer by you to purchase a particular product or products for the price notified (including the delivery and other charges and taxes) at the time you place your order.
- We may, at our absolute discretion, accept or reject an order. We will endeavour to notify you of a rejection at the time of the order or within a reasonable time thereafter.
- Each order that we accept results in a separate binding agreement between you and us for the supply of products in accordance with the Terms.
- It is your responsibility to check the order details, including selected products, pricing and suitability of the product for the person with dementia, before you submit your order through the Site.
- When you order and pay on the Site and your payment has been validated, we will provide you with order details, which may include an order number, an order ID, the delivery and billing addresses and a description of what was ordered.
- Price and Payments
- You must pay us the purchase price of each product you order plus any applicable delivery costs based on the delivery options selected by you as set out on the Site (the Price) at the time you place your order and in accordance with this clause. All amounts are stated in Australian dollars and are inclusive of Australian GST (where applicable). We display delivery costs separately from the product price.
- You must pay the Price using one of the methods set out on the Site, currently including eWAY. The payment method you choose may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the applicable third party payment processor; please review these terms and conditions before using your selected payment method.
- You must not pay, or attempt to pay, the Price by fraudulent or unlawful means. We will not deliver the products until we receive the Price paid in accordance with this clause in our account. It may take up to 3 business days for us to receive payments through our third party payment processor.
- Promotional Discount Codes
We may from time to time issue promotional discount codes for certain products on the Site. To claim the discount, you must enter the promotional discount code at the time of submitting your order through the Site. The conditions of use relating to promotional discount codes will be specified on the Site at the time they are issued.
- Availability and cancellation
- All purchases made through the Site are subject to availability. We do our best to keep products in stock and to keep the Site up to date with the availability of products.
- We reserve the right to cancel, at any time before delivery and for whatever reason, an order that we have previously accepted, including where there is a considerable delay in dispatching your order, if for any reason we cannot supply the products you order (for example for an event beyond our reasonable control) or if products ordered were subject to an error on our Site (for example in relation to a description, price, image or availability). We will contact you using the details you provided when you placed your order. You may choose to receive a refund or to place your order on backorder. If you choose a refund, any delivery costs you have paid for the products will be refunded to you. If you choose to place your order on backorder, we will contact you to arrange delivery once the products are available.
- Delivery, title and risk
- If possible, we will deliver the products to the delivery address you provide when making your order. We deliver to Australia, not internationally. Delivery costs are set out on the Site.
- We normally dispatch products within 7 to 10 business days of receiving payment, unless otherwise noted on the Site. Any delivery periods displayed on the Site are estimates only, based on the information provided by the delivery company.
- We may deliver the products using a range of delivery methods, currently including Australia Post’s Express Post. We may require for some deliveries to be signed for. If neither you nor your authorised representative is at the delivery address to accept delivery, the delivery company will generally deliver the products to your nearest post office.
- Title to the products will remain with us until you have paid us the Price in full in accordance with the Terms. Until title passes, you must not do anything which seeks to create an encumbrance, lien, charge or other interest in or over the products.
- Risk in the products will pass to you as soon as they are delivered to the delivery address you provided in your order.
We do not accept returns for change of mind or other circumstances.
- Delivery defects
- In Australia, our goods come with guarantees which cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Notwithstanding any rights you might have under the Australian Consumer Law, if within 30 days after the delivery of the product(s) to you, you notify us in writing of any fault, defect or damage (Defect) in a product due to its delivery, along with a photo and description of the relevant Defect, we will offer you an exchange or refund of the relevant product.
- If we ask you to, you must return the defective product together with the package, parts, documentation and proof of purchase to the contact details set out below within 30 days of your written notification.
- Your product may come with a manufacturer’s warranty. The manufacturer’s warranty is in addition to but may overlap with any rights and remedies you may have under applicable law, including Australian Consumer Law. Please contact the manufacturer if you would like to make a claim under the additional manufacturer’s warranty, or if the manufacturer is outside Australia, please contact the manufacturer’s local distributor or please contact us and we may provide you with the local distributor’s contact details.
- Intellectual property
- All intellectual property (including copyright) developed, adapted, modified or created by us or our personnel (including in connection with the Terms and the products) will at all times vest, or remain vested, in us.
- You must not, without our prior written consent:
- copy or use, in whole or in part, any of our intellectual property;
- reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any of our intellectual property to any third party; or
- breach any intellectual property rights connected with the Site or the products, including (without limitation) altering or modifying any of our intellectual property; causing any of any of our intellectual property to be framed or embedded in another website; or creating derivative works from any of our intellectual property.
- Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law:
- our maximum aggregate liability arising from or in connection with the Terms (including the products and/or the subject matter of the Terms) will be limited to, and must not exceed, the portion of the Price paid by you to us for the products the subject of the relevant claim; and
- we will not be liable to you for any loss of profit (including anticipated profit), loss of benefit (including anticipated benefit), loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of savings (including anticipated savings), loss of reputation, loss of use and/or loss or corruption of data,
- Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law:
whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity or otherwise.
- Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will have no liability, and you release and discharge us from all liability, arising from or in connection with any:
- loss of, or damage to, the products, or any injury or loss to any person;
- failure or delay in providing the products; or
- breach of the Terms or any law,
where caused or contributed to by any:
- event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control; or
- act or omission of you or your related parties,
and, in any event, any defect, error, omission or lack of functionality or suitability (or the absence of, or reduction in, any anticipated result, outcome or benefit) with respect to the products.
- You agree that materials and information on this Site, including podcasts, and any materials provided with our products (Content) is not comprehensive and is for general information purposes only. Our Content does not take into account your specific needs, objectives or circumstances, and it is not advice, including medical advice. In no circumstances does our site provide treatment or diagnostic advice and you should not use our Site as a substitute for receiving professional advice. Before acting on any information on the Site, we recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your situation, conduct further research and contact your relevant medical practitioner to request professional specific advice where necessary.
While we use reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of our Content, we make no representation or warranty in relation to it, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
We do not endorse or approve and are not responsible for Content that is written or otherwise produced by guest authors or speakers. Such Content does not reflect our views or opinions. You acknowledge that Content may not always be consistent, especially Content where views or opinions are expressed by guest authors or speakers.
- Collection Notice
- We may disclose that information to third party service providers who help us deliver our services (including information technology service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, professional advisors, payment systems operators and our business partners) or as required by law. If you do not provide this information we may not be able to provide our products to you. In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to third parties located, or who store data, outside Australia.
- Disputes: Neither party may commence court proceedings relating to any dispute arising from, or in connection with, these Terms without first meeting with a senior representative of the other party to seek (in good faith) to resolve that dispute (unless that party is seeking urgent interlocutory relief or the dispute relates to compliance with this clause).
- Notices: Any notice given under these Terms must be in writing addressed to us at the details set out below or to you at the details provided when submitting your order. Any notice may be sent by standard post or email, and will be deemed to have been served on the expiry of 48 hours in the case of post, or at the time of transmission in the case of transmission by email.
- Waiver: Any failure or delay by a party in exercising a power or right (either wholly or partly) in relation to these Terms does not operate as a waiver or prevent a party from exercising that power or right or any other power or right. A waiver must be in writing.
- Relationship of parties: These Terms are not intended to create a partnership, joint venture or agency relationship between the parties.
- Photographs: If you provide us with photographs of the products, you consent to us publishing such photographs and details (including but not limited to your name, location and date) for our marketing purposes including on the Site and social media.
- Severance: If a provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision is to be read down as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be valid or enforceable, failing which, that provision (or that part of that provision) will be severed from these Terms without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of that provision or the other provisions.
- Assignment: You must not assign any rights or obligations under these Terms, whether in whole or in part, without our prior written consent.
- Entire agreement: The Terms contain the entire understanding and agreement between you and us in respect of their subject matter.
- Amendment: We may, at any time and at our discretion, vary these Terms by publishing varied terms on the Site. Prior to placing an order, we recommend you carefully read the terms that are in effect at that time to ensure you understand and agree to them. For any order that has been accepted by us, the terms and conditions that apply will be the ones that were in effect (and which you agreed to) when you placed your order.
- Governing law: These Terms are governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory. Each Party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in the Australian Capital Territory and any courts entitled to hear appeals from those courts and waives any right to object to proceedings being brought in those courts. The Site may be accessed in Australia and overseas. We make no representation that the Site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside of Australia. If you access the Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with these laws in the place you access the Site.
For any questions and notices, please contact us at:
Community Cafe Health and Wellness Pty Ltd (ACN 631 662 158)
Last update: 7 March 2019
© LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd